Thursday, November 1, 2007

Anselem's Exhortion

For a lack of knowing where else to put this so I can see it regularly in something other than my poor penmanship, for I see it speaking to me directly and needing to speak to me on a regular basis, I am leaving it here (in hope it speaks to more than just me).

"Up now, slight man! Flee for a little while thy occupations; hide thyself for a time from thy distrurbing thoughts. Cast aside now thy burdensome cares, and put away thy toilsome business. Yield room for some little time to God, and rest for a little time in Him. Enter the inner chamber of thy mind; shut out all thoughts save that of God and such as can aid thee in seeking Him. Speak now, my whole heart! Speak now to God, saying, I seek Thy face; Thy face, Lord, will I seek."

From page 43 of The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer

No comments: