Monday, October 29, 2007

When I Grow Up, Dreams

I am not sure the first thing I really wanted to do when I grew up...it probably involved sports, but I want to talk more about a job, a career I was thinking about having growing up, and how I think God interpreted it much like He interpreted what three trees wanted to do when they grew up in The Tale of The Three Trees (ingenious name don't ya think-hehe).

Ok so the first tree wanted to grow up to be a treasure chest.
The second tree wanted to grow up to be a strong sailing ship.
The third tree wanted to grow up to be the tallest tree in the world, one people looked up to.

And me, I as far as I can remember, I started out wanting to be a veterinarian (to help animals, keep them healthy) but then I realized I would have to see them when they were sick and that would hurt my heart too much. So then I was thinking about being a doctor or a nurse because it runs in the family and might have been slightly pushed (but also to help people and help save lives). This turned into sports medicine, to help athletes stay healthy, to help "save lives."

And what did God interpret all of these to mean?

"Many, many days and nights passed. The three trees nearly forgot their dreams."

The first little tree grew up to be a feed box for animals, that would later be the manger Jesus was placed in when He was a baby--what a treasure!

The second tree grew up to be the ship Jesus and His disciples were in the night He calmed the storm; he was carrying the King of Heaven and earth!

The third tree grew up to be the cross Jesus was crucified on, and when people thought of the third tree they would look up and think of God.

And I, I hope to be a writer, my way of being a fisher of men, my way of truly saving lives.

Thank God He understands our dreams better than we do!

No comments: