Monday, December 17, 2007

Crimson Passion

Playing with the definition of blood 6-15-06

Devotion
Love
Agony
Suffering
Death
Life

The ruby liquid circulates through us
It is generously distributed throughout the body
It lives in us

The red fluid delivers oxygen
It gives nutrients
And it generates life to the cells and tissues
It eliminates waste products

We here note the common relationship by decent
We note the decent from a common ancestor
And we note the royal and noble lineage

All this from His devotion
All this from His love
All this from His agony
All this from His suffering
All this from His death
All this from His resurrection

All this given because of the Crimson Passion

"If you will lift a glass of wine with me, I would like to remember Him: Here is to Christ for making us, to Christ for rescuing us, and to Christ, who gives hope for tomorrow.

O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick."

(Searching For God Knows What, page 232)

I read Don's book long after I wrote this poem, so long after I completely forgot about this poem, but I found it now in going through old stuff to share with everyone, and how fitting! I love that everything connects!

No comments: