Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Note Found

This old note once hidden, now found
Makes my still bound heart pound an alive sound
When I see that penmanship, recognizable and memorable
I can't help but gently hold it on the frayed edges and wonder

Who were you with
What were you thinking
When did you write it
Where were you sitting
Why did you write it
How were you feeling

Things I can no longer know I wonder when it's too late to ask
And taking too long to think about it is a disagreeable task

But I can't help but wonder about the note now remembered found
With your perfect, pleasing penmanship
And when I wonder about the note
I wonder about what else I could find washed up on these shores
I wonder about what else I could find behind closed doors or in closed drawers

I see your penmanship
And my hands miss holding yours
And my cheeks miss the gentle touch of your lips
I see the note and...I miss you

When I wonder about the note once hidden now found
My heart wishes it wasn't still chained to the ground

No comments: