Monday, December 17, 2007

In The Shadows

I know my Mommy really likes this one. I literally was driving and had to pull over onto this dirt rode one late winter day--I just last minutedly pulled off the road and started writing. I got the basics down before I got to this lookout-turnout place by the river in Spokane and I just looked down onto the river, out to rolling hills of pine trees as the orange sun was setting. There was still some snow on the ground, but only in the shadier places. Thus the poem.

2-14-06

In the shadows, you can’t see where evil is hiding
In the shadows, you see a similar, but false image of what is real and true
In the shadows, you feel the chill of death
In the shadows, what desires to live and grow, cannot
In the shadows, what is icy, remains chilled…

But, when the frozen are brought into the warm sunlight all their troubles melt away

No comments: